April 2023 social media trends
Social media trends are always changing. Let’s take a look at some of the key trends from this month.
9 minute read
Knowing the social media trends for 2023 will help you to improve your strategies, budgets and planning in the short, and long term. Last year, Instagram surpassed the 2 billion active user mark, according to statements by its own CEO, Adam Mosseri. LinkedIn currently has more than 850 million global users and that figure will rise over the coming months. But beyond the numbers, we would like you to understand the role that social networks play in the growth and profitability of your own business. Today, we don’t just use these channels for entertainment purposes. Those of us who are in charge of businesses or ventures know the importance of social media platforms.
In this article, you will learn some of the top social media trends to know this spring, in 2023! You can watch our social media marketing showreel here, showing samples of our work in this service. SmartCuts Creative, based in Lausanne and Geneva, specialize in video production but provide a wide range of other content creation and digital marketing services. Feel free to contact us for digital marketing assistance. Let’s get into it!
In this article, we look at:
1. The importance of social media for your brand
2. Keeping up on trends
3. Social media trends
4. New social media platforms for 2023
The importance of social media for your brand
Social media can be used in a variety of ways for your business. That’s partly why these platforms are so beneficial for companies, regardless of your industry. The importance of social media platforms in business changes as people change the way they relate, consume and entertain themselves on a daily basis. Having a good positioning in the networks can be key for your brand to achieve many benefits.
Companies continuously use social media to:
- Capture potential customers.
- Build loyal and loyal communities.
- Increase the reach and impact of our messages.
- Gain brand positioning.
- Attract quality traffic to our blogs, e-commerce or websites.
- Increase our sales or conversions.
Understand this: if you want to sell more products or services and increase your turnover, you must know the main social media trends for 2023.
Keeping up on trends
You may be asking, well, why do I have to keep up on these social media trends? In the world of social media, everything changes all the time. Here are some of the reasons why your brand needs to keep up on trends:
- You can stay ahead of the competition. Essentially, you will remain relevant. People consume news daily, on different platforms, and so the best way to ensure that potential consumers come across your brand is by taking part in these trends.
- Knowledge of media trends provides opportunities for companies. Seeing what the current media trends are will allow your brand to view your current marketing campaign in a new light. It can point out where there is an opportunity to better connect with your audience and become more creative in your approach.
- Utilizing trends can boost your brand’s social media presence. Trends are a great way to get engaged with your audience and show them information in a way that is interesting and relevant.
Social media trends of April 2023
These are the four social media trends from April that by implementing them into marketing strategies, will boost your personal brand.
1. Video content is the king of publication types.
Video content is a favorite among users, especially those of short duration. That is why Facebook has also joined in with its Reels option and YouTube has incorporated the Shorts section for the same purpose. More and more companies are joining this dynamic, as we can see in Nike’s brand profile on Instagram. Note that the example video is in vertical format, perfect to post on Instagram, and other social media platforms.
Brands have two main paths: one is to create original content related to the direct promotion of their products, or they can join the current trends in entertainment videos, if their type of offer allows it. To do the latter, they have to be very aware of what are the trending topics and audios among users, mainly their target audience; for example, they can broadcast it on the TikTok platform.
2. Collaborations and partnerships with influencers.
The most important recommendation is this: collaborate with people who have real staying power. Find those influencers who have a loyal and engaged audience, but who also get excited and react to your new collaborations and content.
An example of collaborating with influencers is brand ambassador programs. A brand ambassador is one step ahead of the influencer — they’re your long-term partner paid to consistently promote your brand on social media, embody your brand’s values, and act as your company’s spokesperson. They will be committed to your brand. Take this example where Alyssa Marie is Pura Vida’s brand ambassador. She posts about the brand and encourages her followers to buy from the company, giving them discounts, etc.
3. Podcast creation.
The advantage of podcasts is that you can listen to them anywhere, increasing the views of your podcasts. On social media platforms, you can promote your podcasts as videos on Instagram, for example. In the following video, you can learn how to make reels and videos for social media platforms.
4. Prioritizing instagram reels.
You will see instagram reels from the accounts you follow in your main feed. If you have an engaged audience, and if you have content that consistently gets likes and shares, that will signal to instagram that you have something special that other people might also like.
Earning high engagement with your own followers is the first step towards getting a spot on the Explore page. Essentially with instagram reels, you have the opportunity to increase the amount of people who view your brand and services. Hopefully that will then lead to conversions.
Some quick tips for reels:
- Make them visually attractive.
- Create quality content.
- Use trending music. The algorithm will then reward you by spreading your reel far and wide.
New social media platforms
Whilst Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and Facebook are still amongst some of the main social media platforms out there, let’s take a look at some promising and emerging social media platforms.
- BeReal. It is a platform that encourages users to upload photos without filters and in random mode.
- Twitch. Although this streaming platform is not new, it’s becoming more relevant and in 2023 it is expected that its community and popularity will continue to grow.
- FaceCast. It focuses on short videos, which are eye-catching for young people.
- Okuna. It considers itself an “ethical” platform, with no ads and more privacy.
Finally, here is a quick summary video of social media trends in 2023, by Hootsuite. Enjoy!
If you decide to take advantage of these social media trends in 2023, you will undoubtedly notice incredible changes in your business. Thanks to them you will be able to:
- Capture leads for free or at a lower cost.
- Expand your communities.
- Improve your brand positioning.
- Penetrate new market niches.
- Sell more.
In 2023, SmartCuts Creative uses these trends to conquer some marketing, promotion and sales objectives. What will you do? Will you also design an action plan to make the most of them? If you need help and direction in terms of social media marketing, feel free to contact us directly. We’re happy to help.
Give us a call or reach out now: