How to make your website stand out from your competitors
Wondering why your website is important for your business? We’ve got all the tips.
7 minute read
High bounce rates and low visitor numbers – unfortunately, this is an all too common complaint, especially among small businesses. Have you ever wondered why your website doesn’t get as much organic traffic as you expected? The most likely reason is the lack of valuable and engaging content. Therefore, you need to provide good and unique content that matches the interest of your target audience to ensure that your website gets consistent and recurring traffic.
Website content is a mix of text, images and video or audio elements. The skill lies in finding the right balance of all these elements, so that your website stands out. In the following article, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know to make your website a must-have for customers, partners, applicants and all other audiences. All in all, you’ll understand how to make your website stand out from your competitors. In the end, your brand and its core messages will be at the forefront of your website.
In this article, we provide you with:
1. Why a website is important for a business
2. Key steps towards creating a great website
3. Interactive website examples
Your website is the most important tool for your business
Most companies have their own websites. But why is this? Well, first of all, websites are one of the first places customers go to learn about your products and services. You can watch this quick video by Hubspot to learn all about why websites are essential for brands.
Here are some key reasons as to why your website is essential for your brand:
- Reach more people.
- Align with the customer journey.
- Build your brand presence.
- Improve credibility.
- Access the power of search.
- Interact with your customer.
Key steps towards creating a great website
Here are some key factors to take into consideration if you want your website to stand out from your competitors.
1. Visual appearance.
- Choose the correct colors for your website: Your website is the platform through which your brand is going to be known on the internet. It is essential that your logo and your website have color cohesion.
- Include images and graphics to attract attention: Don’t use images from image banks that say nothing, they are too cold; instead create them yourself to give it your personal touch.
- It must be easy to read: The choice of the font/typography you are going to use is very important, it must be of a suitable size, neither so small that it cannot be read nor so large that it looks like a children’s story.
2. User experience.
- Logical navigation:The user can’t get lost in the maze that is your website. Always remember to simplify the navigation so that they get to what they need as quickly as possible.
- Compatibility with all browsers:
- Your site should be perfectly readable from Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
3. Key words & search engine optimization.
- It is essential for your site to be found before your competitors.
- The most important search engine is Google, although there are also others like Bing or Yahoo. Your page should always be optimized with the words that best describe you, so that you can be found in the first pages of these search engines.
Interactive website examples
A lot of the time, consumers want to see moving images, rather than motionless ones. Today, websites are full of interactivity as it is a great way of engaging consumers and viewers with your content. We’re going to link to various website examples to show how interactivity can work.
- Ohzi Interactive. The different colors, the scroll-triggered animations, all make this website a great example of how interactivity makes a website more engaging for viewers.
- Artificilia. This website showcases Bridgette Ashton’s artistic work. By being able to click wherever you like, there is a sense of freedom for viewers who come onto the website.
- Decatur Dan. Decatur Dan is a famous music video director, who now creates visual stories like Nike and Beats by Dre. This is his portfolio website.
And there you have it! Hopefully by now you have understood the importance of creating a great website. Maybe you want to make a simple, traditional website. Or, perhaps the interactive website intrigues you? If you need more guidance for creating or re-branding your website, feel free to get in touch with you. We can set up a meeting for a free consultation session. Hope to hear from you soon!
Give us a call or reach out now: